Friday, 7 February 2014

Month in the Life - January

I had a really good January (can't remember the last time I said that and meant it!). 


I started off with a studio rejig, got my hands on my lovely new Society6 cushions (and added more products to my shop), cracked the sketchbook out for the first time in ages and lots more! Plenty of prep for my new exhibition which opens a week today (eeek) too - more to follow on that. 

As I'm now working from my fab studio, I can listen to music all day (my idea of heaven - wasn't allowed at the day job). Therefore my month is no longer simply a visual feast! My January playlist is at the end of this post (with a link to Spotify so you can listen to it too). Enjoy!


I took part in Elizabeth Sellers' Big Blogging Bootcamp eCourse which was really enjoyable. It made be think differently about my business as a whole, not just this blog. I think she may be running the course again in the spring, so get in touch with her for details!


The Society6 cushions!


The Design Museum.


Quality time with my sketchbook.


Isabella Blow at Somerset House (more to come on this!).


Adding my new Society6 products.


Day out in Brighton.


Turning my Mollie Makes tunic into a jumper.


Working on the website (and spending an inordinate amount of time with Photoshop).


A day out at the refurbished Tate Britain (this photo is from my most shared tweet - it's still doing the rounds over a week later!).

Ah, and the playlist!  

Here is is on Spotify. It contains:

Forever - Haim
Amateur - Aimee Mann
Bright Yellow Gun - Throwing Muses
Intervention - Arcade Fire
Violet - Hole
Radio - Lana Del Rey
Read My Mind - The Killers
For Tomorrow - Blur
Riptide - Vance Joy
Gloria - Patti Smith
Baby I Call Hell - Deap Vally
Stolen Car - Beth Orton
Sheela-Na-Gig - P J Harvey
Bullet - Franz Ferdinand
Polaroid Picture - Frank Turner
Feed The Tree - Belly
Magic - Ladyhawke. 




No comments:

Post a Comment